Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

50L Friday /kids/ Designer Spotlight!

Welcome to the FLF Kids Designer Spotlight! Each week a designer from our current list of FLF kids merchants will be interviewed and highlighted to give shoppers more insight into the designers who make FLF kids what it is!


This week we visit with Inner Peace and Inner Peace Boys, with owners Riley Harmison-Release and Aiyden Gilman! Inner Peace is located near Sassafrass, and you'll find all kinds of wonderful clothes for girls and boys plus some other cute accessories and more! Here is what Riley and Aiyden had to say as this week's spotlight designers!


1. How did you get started as a store owner?

Riley: About 3 years ago I got started making shapes and at the time, my friend was learning clothing, she'd asked if I wanted to open a small shop. I came up with the name and shortly after she left SL. I VERY slowly picked up clothing making and designing and just kinda.. kept at it and eventually branched out.. the rest is kinda history I guess!

Aiyden:  A few months ago Riley explained PhotoShop to me and I made a hoodie...it pretty much is history from there on out!  I figured that I know the things I want to wear and sometimes I have a hard time finding that in SL.  Now I can make it myself and just hope that others will like it too!


2. What do you feel are your favorite products you have made?

Aiyden:  Umm...I really have no idea.  Everything I make I have put a lot of hard work into..and a lot of thought.  I develop more each time I create something...so I don't know if I really have a favorite yet.  I guess if you MUST have something, I will say the Pajamas! Those are always fun...and I have done a few custom things for family and I like seeing the look on their faces....so yeah Pajamas and Customs.

Riley: Probably my clothing? The newer stuff maybe..? I'm always learning and trying and making mistakes and learning more- So in my case.. well in any designers case, with each release we kinda grow and get better, it's the rules of practicing! So I probably wouldn't say that I favour a product, but my newest stuff is probably what I'm more proud of-which will change once I release again!


3. What would you like your customers to know the most about your store, or what things are you most proud of about your business?

Riley: I'd LIKE to think that the customer services is good? Definitely not perfect though, because I forget things when I'm working and I get distracted FAR to easily. But I'm pretty proud of my customer service, I try and fix everything pretty quickly and I have a great Manager (Kaitlyn) and Aiyden who both kinda kick me when I'm distracted.

Aiyden:  I'd like to think I have pretty good customer service.  If something isn't right with an item, I am pretty quick to get that situated and I compensate the customer for their troubles.  If I am at the computer and paying attention when someone makes a lot of purchases and I take notice, then I try to throw in something free to say thank you.  I think what I am most proud of is the fact that I started with nothing and I was given a chance by someone amazing, Riley!  I am very thankful for her and the opportunity she's given me.


4. Where do you hope to take Inner Peace into the future?

Aiyden:  Umm...well since I'm still all new to this...I think that I'd like to just continue to see things prosper and be fun!  Riley and I usually make things together...and our family comes and joins us.  We have a lot of good moments up in the build spot..so I'd like for it to always be fun.  I just hope that I can keep up *points at Riley* she is always being creative and making something new and I just try to keep at her speed so the boy's line doesn't fall too far behind! 

Riley:  The boys section is growing pretty quickly and really well too! *Looks at Aiyden* That's something I never saw for the store until recently- so that was a great development for sure, I'm really excited about it! Aiyden has come SO far in such a short period of time, he's doing awesome! I just hope IP continues and people just enjoy what they're getting- That's always been my main goal, was to put out things people enjoy and like wearing.


We'd also like to say a BIG thank you to Abby McDonnagh for allowing us to house Inner Peace on Sassafras!

Check out Inner Peace in this week's FLF Kids event, along with many other wonderful designers!

SLURL to Inner Peace and Inner Peace Boys: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sassafras/88/111/23

No comments:

Post a Comment